Bisibele bhaath masala powder

Mysore cookbook
As i had promised, I am back with the recipe of bisibele bhaat masala powder recipe. Generally, in South India, we make the powders of varieties of spices, to keep it ready for use whenever needed. It used to be a tradition in every household, to prepare Masala powders like our Bele saaru pudi and Mutton sambhar powder, Happala ( Pappads ), Sandige (Fryums) and Pickles especially during summer. Now since most of the things are available readily in shops, many don't bother to go through a bit tedious process of making all the masala powders at home. Thanks to our family, which has never stopped making our yearly requirement of masala powders. It's the same with me as well. Even though I stay here abroad , I prefer homemade masala powders. Some masalas I get from my family since they prepare in bulk and give me some of it.  And the others like Vangi bhaath powder, Bisibele bhaath powder etc I prepare them at home.
Since I am a huge fan of Bisibele bhaath, I always make sure I have this masala ready in my pantry.
The recipe i am sharing here is really easy and doesn't take much time at all. Just dry roast the ingredients, powder it and then you are ready to go. Refer my Bisibele bhaath recipe to know how to use this masala powder.

Ingredients :

  • Byadagi chillies / Kashmiri red chillies - 20
  • Guntur chillies - 20
  • Coriander seeds - 6 tsp
  • Channa dal - 2 tsp
  • Urad dal - 2 tsp
  • Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
  • Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
  • Peppercorns - 1/2 tsp
  • Cinnamon sticks - 2 pieces
  • Cloves - 4
  • Moggu - 3 (optional, i have not included)
  • Salt - 1 tsp
Preparing Bisibele bhaath masala powder :
  • Dry roast all the ingredients separately in a low flame.  





  • Transfer onto a plate and let it cool.
  • In a mixer, blend all the ingredients together until it turns to a fine powder.
    Mysore cookbook
  • Transfer to a plate and let it cool.
  • Then add salt and mix well. Store it in an air tight container and it can be used up to 6 months.

    Mysore cookbook
     Give this recipe a try and you will find a great difference compared to the store - bought ones. Follow me on Pinterest to get regular updates on new posts. Thank you!!

Comments

Popular Posts