Badam Dosa or Almonds Dosa






Today I am happy to share a wonderful recipe with you all. The other day I was thinking how about making Dosas with Almonds. As my son is a very picky eater and absolutely refuses to eat dry fruits and nuts, I thought this might be a good way to make him get the goodness of almonds.
I googled if there were already any recipes in there. Of course there were badam dosa recipes. But I wanted to try something different. Then started my trials and errors. After a couple of trials, I have come out with my version of Badam Dosa recipe.
Though I have used rice in this recipe, the richness of the almonds makes you go wow!
And it's a perfect breakfast especially  for kids as it's nutritious as well as filling.


Ingredients required:
  1. Badam or Almonds - 1/2 cup
  2. Dosa Rice or Sona Masoori rice - 1 cup
  3. Fine semolina - 1/4 cup
  4. Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
  5. Water - 1 cup
Makes about 6 - 8 Dosas.
Method of preparing Badam Dosa :

  1. Soak the almonds and rice separately on the previous day. 
  2. In the morning, peel the skin of almonds. If it doesn't easily peel, then heat the almonds along with the  water soaked until it boils. Allow it to cool. Now you can easily peel the skin out.
  3. In a mixer jar, blend the almonds into a fine paste.
  4. To this, add the soaked rice with little water and salt. Grind it into a fine batter.
  5. Take the batter in a bowl. Add salt, semolina and mix well.
  6. Add water to make the batter to attain thin and flowing consistency.( like neer dosa or rava dosa batter). 
  7. Heat the tawa and sprinkle the batter. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for a minute or two.
  8. Fold the dosa in half and the badam dosa is ready to be served with the chutney of your choice.
So, this was my version of Badam dosa recipe. Do give it a try and I hope you enjoy it..

Comments

Popular Posts