Namaskaara


Hello everyone😊

This is my very first blog post and I am happy to be here.

Cooking has been my passion as far as I can remember. As a kid, I would search the weekly Kannada magazines like Tharanga and Sudha for new recipes at Ajji mane (Grandma's home).

Cutting the magazine papers was not allowed so I would write the recipes in old diaries.

I was trying some of the recipes in my free time. Most of those recipes didn't turn out well though. As time passed by I got busy with my studies and never really bothered to enter the kitchen.

Soon after my marriage, I shifted to my husband's place. I then realized like Oh my! I now have my own Kitchen!! I must cook!!! It suddenly dawned on me that I had no cooking skills except making tea and coffee. Then started my routine calls to the Ladies' of my Family, back in Mysore, to enquire about the recipes for each meal of the day. More importantly my husband was the one who taught me cooking practically. I owe this blog to both.

 Initially when I started cooking, I began following the exact instructions and gradually started experimenting with authentic recipes and other regional cuisines. Residing in Germany from the past 5 years, and with limited availability of varieties of Indian veggies, it just made me to go more creative with my dishes. Cooking healthy as well as tasty is my top most priority. As a graduate in Ayurveda, I will make it a point to highlight some of the medicinal uses of the ingredients and their nutritive value in my recipes.

For me, homemade dishes taste always the best. All of us know how heavenly it tastes. And obviously healthy.  We all crave for that yummy restaurant food, chatpata chats etc. but it doesn't take long until we start craving back for at least simple homemade foods. I'm sure everyone would have tried cooking something or the other at some point of time in their life. But initially when we are new to cooking, we try to find out how to start and what to cook.

Since past few months, I was thinking why not help the budding cooks and those interested in South Indian cuisine with foolproof recipes which are easy to try out. My purpose here is to help them. Nowadays there are so many super cooks out there with wonderful blogs too. All those bloggers are so inspiring to me.

 As the saying goes Learning never stops, I believe Cooking a hearty meal for yourself or your family never stops. Life is a constant process of learning, whatever it may be. There are innumerable ways of being creative in cooking and I will be sharing mine here in my blog.

You all are always welcome to ask me any questions regarding the recipes, or comment on them or even suggestions to improve the recipes. I would be very happy if I'm of even little help to any of you. So, I wish myself Happy Blogging and here comes my first post..... Thank you all.. 😊

Comments

  1. Congratulations for your first post. It looks Fantabulous and mouth watering.
    Best wishes from Mysore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts