My Vacation Post

Mysore cookbook
Smarties Chocolate cake
Hello everyone!!! Last few weeks have been really hectic for me as it was the Summer Vacation and with my kids around, I could never make some time for my blog. It is feeling as if I have resumed writing after a really long gap, but it has just been a month. I thoroughly enjoy writing especially here, in my space and sharing things which i had been missing out on ,since a month. But i really had a good time with my kids. The vacation also kept me busy with visiting friends, get-togethers and short trips.
Meanwhile, we celebrated the birthday of my elder son who just turned 7, in July. Initially we had planned to celebrate by taking our son to the nearest amusement park, but he wished for a birthday party with his friends instead. And that was decided by him just 3 days before his birthday!!! Though I had hardly any time for preparations, somehow I managed to make my Son happy by making the cake of his wish. He had wished for a Football themed cake and also a Smarties surprise cake. I had  no time to make 2 cakes. So I just clubbed both ideas and made a large chocolate cake filled with Smarties on the inside and with a football themed, edible cake topper which was the highlight. He was delighted by the sight of Smarties pouring out when he cut the cake.
Mysore cookbook

Mysore cookbook

Mysore cookbook
Since we invited our Indian friends, party menu was Indian too.Everything is homemade, except the naan.
Mysore cookbook

Along side the birthday cake, I made many other cakes, of which ,I unfortunately couldn't take any pictures. I tried out some new recipes in my Kitchen and also made some snacks in bulk for my kids.
Mysore cookbook
Chakli/ Murukku

Mysore cookbook
Almond Biscotti

Mysore cookbook

Laddoo
As the school started I had to bake couple of more cakes to take for the fresher's party. Even here, I missed on taking pictures. But henceforth i will try to take a pic of each cake i bake.
Below is the pic of a cake I made for a friend.
Mysore cookbook
Chocolate cake with Smarties



So, this is almost like a comeback post on my blog for me, after a break of a month. Hope you liked the pics though! Follow me on Google+ and Pinterest to get updates on new posts.
Until my next post.. bye!

Comments

Popular Posts